2.27.2017

MAY DAY a.k.a. MAY 1ST




Spring is here and as always Chicago is wet! Since my job depends on dry weather conditions, I have had some wonderful days off! These days have consisted of some spring cleaning, running, and reading some old books. While reading I stumbled on an older spring tradition from the book, The Best of Martha Stewart: Good Things, from 1997. I found it really interesting and thought I could show you a current example which could be easily recreated and/or substituted using paper or recycled basket.

So the old May Day tradition is to SURPRISE a loved one with a floral basket hung from his or her doorknob. The only thing you would have to do with this birch bark cone is punch holes on the sides and add ribbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...