2.16.2012

Adventure Day

Lets just say life is such a wonderful journey. In the winter months I tend to get a wee bit uninspired. Maybe it is the proximity of everything or the lack of venturing into the wilderness.




Last night reminded me that I still venture. I had the honors of a retired pimp whom I met in the streets of Chicago send me multiple pictures of himself. His name is Caddy, the pictures were of him in a slew of his old outfits. As you can tell from above they are FABULOUS! What a surprise and inspiration.  I know what you are thinking, 'Why does the retired pimp have your phone number?' Last week I asked to take a picture with him and sent him the picture text. Of all the people I met that day I think he was the most personable. I get a bit discouraged at times by people these days. It seems like we are all in it for ourselves. I understand this is rather fraudulent to say as I am writing about a retired pimp but, you never know who can inspire you. As the great Steinbeck alluded to in The Grapes of Wrath, people and love are what we need the most.  I quote from chapter four, 'It's love. I love people so much I'm fit to bust, sometimes.'... I figgered, 'Why do we got to hang it on God or Jesus? Maybe,' I figgered, 'maybe it's all men an' all women we love; maybe that's the Holy Sperit-the human sperit-the whole shebang. Maybe all men got one big soul ever'body's a part of.' Now I sat there thinkin' it, an' all of a suddent-I knew it. I knew it so deep down that it was true, and I still know it." If you have not read this book. You must especially during this time period. You can realize you have nothing to complain about. 


So I am extreemley excited for today. Thanks to Caddy, I have an upbeat spin on today. I have plans to go out with the lovely Martha Brummett from Love, Martha. She and I are going to hangout downtown. We are going to visit the Rick Bayless XOCO, which I guess you could say is pronounced 'sco co'. We are going to indulge in a small brunch of chocolate and churros. After we indulge in some First Aids Kit. Taking me back to Spain for just a lil' bit. Yeah, I know life is good! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...