12.26.2011

Christmas Break Means Reading

During this hiatus of family, friendly banter of Christmas and work, I can recommend listening to City & Colour. I am laying in bed with a kitty cat named Darwin, we have a sister-bother relationship. He hangs out at the foot of the bed and we are just listening to music. He is the brother I never had. When I am sick of him he leaves.



What I am recommending today would be a few books that I have been indulging in. The first, The White Album (1979), you would never have caught me reading in the past. This is because of it's intelectual writing by Joan Didion, a very versed author. It is a collection of her rich essays. Some are of her experiences and others of her opinions on specific situations. It is very interesting. She has a rather nostalgic tone of voice which can be rather humorous at times. The White Album, being so heavy caused me to run to the neighborhood book store, Woman and Children First, I grabbed another book (crazy)! The Girl Who Fell From the Sky written by Heidi W. Durrow, I read it in a few days. This is very rare! I have the attention span of a 6 year old when it comes to books.





I am presenting these book covers because I always judge a book by the cover. Do enjoy.

If you follow me and leave a comment. I will give you one of these freshly read copies to the...
"ini mini miny moe comment"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...